Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday, January 23

Journal- Why do you think cyber bullying is such a big issue? Do you think cyber bullying happens in your community and here at Blue Valley High School? Have you ever witnessed cyber bullying? Explain your thoughts and feels about this topic.

I think cyber bullying is a big issue because it is much easier to say something to someone when you aren't face to face. It makes a person feel more powerful and confident in what they're saying despite the fact that they'd probably never say it in person. It is also easily accessible through computers and phones. This makes it even more difficult for people to escape. I'm sure there are some instances of cyber bullying here at Blue Valley. Maybe even a lot. But I don't really notice it if its here because I think that these things would go on in private messages between the bully and the victim, making it harder to have proof. I have never witnessed cyber bullying; like I said, this most likely occurs in private messages. Despite not having seen it, I know it is an enormous problem in our world. I've heard speakers talk about the tragedies of people like Ryan Halligan who was cyber bullied to the extent that he took his own life. Clearly, it's a problem and I think it's important that everyone be aware of its growth and try to work together to stop it.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute. I read this and smiled! :) so insightful

    ReplyDelete