Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tuesday, April 16

Journal- What do you know about building and creating a website? Have you ever done it before? List qualities of a well designed and well functioning website.

I don't really know a whole lot about website creation. My friend took Web Design last semester and she talked to me about it sometimes. What I know is that it involves a lot of encoding. I'm not sure if everything needs to be encoded but I know that quite a bit of it does. I, personally, have never created a website. However, I have been to many a website in my day and pretty much know what makes a good and a bad one. Good websites are easily navigated. Everything can be easily found just by simply looking at the website. They also look decent. The display and design goes along with the subject and presents it in an interesting format. A website can be bad if it just has too much going on. When a website is cluttered, I just feel super overwhelmed and not sure what to do. It's very important to try and strike a balance between too much and too little. I also know that I strongly dislike when websites have pop-up ads. I understand that they may be necessary for business reasons, but in my opinion, the pop-ups are a little too far. Ads on the page, however, are tolerable if they are present in a reasonable amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment