Journal - What is the importance of online safety and protecting your information? What do you do to protect yourself online? Share an experience you or someone you know has had with online safety.
It is very important that everyone should protect their personal information on the internet so that it is not easily accessible to other people who may want to cause them harm in some way, shape, or form. To protect myself online, I usually block people that I do not know on social networking sites. I do this because I don't feel like people need to know every little thing about me, especially if I have no idea who they are. A couple of years ago, one of my friends decided to make a YouTube account and post videos of herself. In her profile description, she listed a lot of personal information, including the names of some of our other friends. This caused one friend to be messaged on Facebook by people she didn't know asking her personal things that they should not have known. It turns out that they got the information from our friend's YouTube account. This scared me a little bit and ever since then, I've been even more careful of what I allow others to see online.
No comments:
Post a Comment